The Beautification Committee was formed in 2006. The committee is a volunteer group of owners who work together to help maintain and enhance the beauty and neatness of the common grounds.
The committee finances its own projects in four ways:
* Saving and selling aluminum cans. This is a joint effort, so we urge all residents to recycle their aluminum. There is a collection container located at the back of the property by the dumpsters.
* Having a bazaar in the Spring.
* Cash donations from some generous owners.
The following projects have been completed or are in process:
* Planted 12 trees given to us by the State of Florida.
* Cleaned the entire fence line from heavy shrubs and vines that were doing damage to the fence.
*Planted bamboo trees behind GG and HH buildings to help close off the noise and lights from the Lowe's area.
* Landscaped around the new screen room.
* Planted several flowers around the common grounds.
* We are in the process of mapping out the entire water sprinkler system to allow for easier maintenance.
* Beautifying the shuffleboard court area by installation of a stone wall
If you are interested, please join us at our next meeting (meeting dates and times will be posted) or leave your information in the office and I will contact you.
Thank you for your support.
The Social Committee operates on a voluntary basis and as of April 2020 is chaired by Betty Biese. Social Events include potluck suppers and morning coffee/donuts, and are all held in the Oaks IV Screen Room. Typically, there is entertainment and dancing included with final potluck supper of the winter season.
We also have Bocce and Shuffleboard tournaments during the winter season. These events are funded through donations and raffles to help with the cost of supplies, decorations and entertainment. There is also a pizza party held at the end of the season for Bocce and Shuffleboard. Coffee and donuts are served at each start of the shuffleboard tournaments. Owners and renters are all welcome.
The Social Committee keeps an up-to-date display board in the Screen Room for all to see, showing all activities and also an accounting of expenditures. Be sure to check the bulletin boards throughout Oaks IV for notices of various events.